Students pay in advance by the semester (some payment plans are possible).
Period of Occupancy
Fees cover the whole academic year of 38 weeks + O Week (O week for first year residents only), including mid-semester and between semester holidays. Union residents enjoy the convenience of not having to pack up and vacate their room during vacation periods during the academic year.
Residents sign a contract that commits them for the academic year. Residents wishing to leave before the year is completed are free to do so, but are responsible for fees until their place in College is taken by another approved resident. An administrative fee is charged. This does not apply to Study Abroad and /or Exchange residents, who study at UQ for one semester only.
Other Fees & Charges
- Telephone Calls
- Printing / Photocopying Charges
- Internet downloads in excess of University quota
Accepted Payment Methods
- Bank or personal cheque in $AUD
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard) via Online Application Portal