Frequently asked questions by applicants and prospective residents at Union College.

Union College is located on the St Lucia Campus of the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia. The College is on the corner of Upland Road and Sir William Macgregor Drive, St. Lucia, 4067.
View Google Map.
The easiest way to get to Union College is to catch a bus from Brisbane City (routes 411 and 412) directly to The University of Queensland. The College is a 5 minute walk from the Chancellor’s Place Bus Stop, on Upland Road. The campus is also serviced by City Cat Ferries and additional bus routes which originate at a variety of locations across Brisbane. These services terminate a 10 minute walk away from the College. Call TransLink on 13 12 30 or visit www.translink.com.au for details.
Residents are welcome to remain at college during the vacation periods in the academic year. There are no additional accommodation costs.

High-speed Ethernet (LAN) Internet access is available in every residential room at Union College at no connection cost. Additionally, wireless (Wi-Fi) eduroam Internet access, with 10,000Mb bandwidth is available throughout all residential rooms and common areas at Union College. UQ students are allocated a free student account via UQ ITS which includes a large download allowance per month.

Packed lunches and Early/Late Dinners can be arranged to fit in with your class times, (week days, during the semester only).

You supply your own bedding, pillows and towels. Our single beds are king singles. 

Friends and family are welcome to visit you, however in the interests of Fire Safety and Child Protection legislation, are not permitted to stay overnight.

As the demand for college places is strong, early applications are recommended. There is no cut off date to apply.

Yes, do not wait until you are offered a place at University.

Union College welcomes applications from students attending all universities.

Applicants are invited to arrange interviews as soon as is practicable after receiving confirmation that their application has been received by the College.

Should you decide to defer your university position, Union College do not automatically carry over your offer of accommodation for the following year. You will need to apply to stay at Union College in the months prior to your intended commencement of stay. 

Residents sign a contract that commits them for an entire year (with the exception of some international students). An administration fee applies.

No pets, including fish, are permitted in College rooms.

Union College offers great value for money compared with other accommodation options. College residents are able to maximise the time they spend on their studies, not distracted by the need to shop, cook and clean, or the upheaval created by flat mates who turn out to be not so compatible. See our Residential Fees page for costings information.